Eating Disorders Community
At What Point Is It A Disorder??

This forum is for questions and support regarding Anorexia, Athletes, Binge Eating, Body Image, Bulimia, Causes of Eating Disorders, Dental Issues, Laxative Abuse, Male Eating Disorders, Media Images, Pregnancy, Support Groups, Teens

At What Point Is It A Disorder??

Hi, i was just wondering when are you considered to have a eating disorder?
Because i don't believe i have a disorder but i skip breakfast, lunch and sometimes dinner but i will eat quite a bit when i get home from school.

And at school its getting hard because my friends believe im trying to starve myself and have begun to literately throw food at my face if i don't accept their food in the first place.

So in your opinion at what point is it considered a eating disorder? Thank you for any advice i get.
Hmm I think it might be considered an eating disorder in some cases, depending how often you skip these meals etc. If you skipped about two or three meals a day for at least five to six Days it. Could be considered an eating disorder, though I'm not so sure myself.
Hope this helped for the time being :)
Ok well its been going on for about 1-2 months now and even at one point i didnt eat at all and lost about 6 kilos in a week and a half.
Thanks for your advice :)
There are some good check list out there you can find online to see if you have a disorder. If you don't yet, it sounds like you are leading up to it. You could be in the beginning stages of a more severe eating disorder. I use to skip meals (especially at school) due to whatever emotion I was feeling (typically anxiety). Yours may be different and you might not even realize your are attaching emotion or suppressing emotion by skipping meals. I have now been bulimic for 15 years. I can tell you from experience and a ton of health issues....this is not a life you want