Eating Disorders Community
Bing Eating Disorder?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Anorexia, Athletes, Binge Eating, Body Image, Bulimia, Causes of Eating Disorders, Dental Issues, Laxative Abuse, Male Eating Disorders, Media Images, Pregnancy, Support Groups, Teens

Bing Eating Disorder?

hello

Here's my history, about 1.5 years ago i weighed in at 360lbs.   Through a healthy diet & exercise i dropped down to 175lbs.   My goal was 180, but i just sort of happened to drop to 175.  At the time i thought, 'great, if i go up a bit, no big deal'.   I received lots of praise and what not from friends / family / everyone else, so much so, that I'm now terrified of putting on any weight and what people will think of me if i do.

In the last 2 months or so, i've started to 'binge' eat.  When i do, my weight will go up about 12 pounds, to around 187 or so.  I realize most of this is caused by water retention.  Normally, i can eat well for the following 7 days, go to the gym as normal (2 days on, 1 day rest and so on) and 7 days later, I'm back at 175.  I start to feel comfortable, and then bing again, and go in this cycle.  

The odd thing is, even though my goal is 180, I'm not happy with myself one bit, till it's back to 175.    I've never purged, or taken laxatives or anything, although i will admit I've considered it at times.  I do get extremely disapointed and angry with myself.  I put myself into such a miserable mood, it's starting to affect my relationship with my wife.  She doesn't want to be around me after this.   I always tell myself 'never again' 'one last time' but, it keeps happening, i dont know what to do.   do i need help? is this normal?.....
Well here is the thing there is most likely an underlying cause that had your weight up at 360 pounds and now even at 175 you are still not happy this does not have any thing to do with your weight . You need to deal with whatever is eating at you inside .If you can figure that out your weight will not be able to control your happiness :) I hope this helps a bit .
Avis