Binge eating, or just being a teen?
I discovered I had anorexia in 6th grade. I didn't eat much until this year, I am now in 8th grade. I still have worries but it never stops me from eating healthily. But now I think im overeating. I have a little theory though. In 6th and 7th grade the first time of the day I would eat is when I got home. I'd then eat lots of junk food. Now in 8th grade I eat even more because I don't set up caloric limits. Is this my bodies way of "making up" for lost calories, or maybe it's just used to eating this way? Or am I just being a teen? I eat so much and I feel soo guilty, my dad yells at me whenever I'm eating because he knows im probably over eating. I want to stop, but then I just can't stop eating. How do I stopp? :c
Teenage years are tough, and it is more difficult when you already think about food and body image in a disordered way.  Glad to hear you are eating, but over-eating is also disordered eating, so be cautious.  Anorexia can lead to binge/purge behavior because you're swinging from  one extreme to the other.  It would be best if you could talk to a nutritionist who can put you on a healthy diet until you feel more comfortable taking the reigns.  Thinking about calories might not be helpful for you at this stage, given your disorder history and also because you're growing and changing right now, being 14, and some days you might just need more or less.  But if you learn what serving sizes look like, and what each type of food is (grain, veg, fruit, protein, fat, dairy), you can make a healthy meal plan.  Example: breakfast=2 grains, 1 fruit and 1/2 dairy.  lunch=3-4 veg, 2 protein, 1 fat (you need fats from nuts, meat or oils to absorb vitamins so don't skip them), dinner=1 protein, 3-4 veg, 1 grain.  Something like that.  If you have Health class or P.E., pay attention.  Talk to your health teacher or gym teacher about nutrition.  They are there to teach and help!
Thank you so much :) we're registering for highschool in about a week so I hope I'll be able to take a nutrition class!