Eating Disorders Expert Forum
Body Rejecting Meat

Questions in the Emotional Eating forum are answered by medical experts. Topics covered include eating disorders, anger and eating, anxiety and eating, binge eating, depression and eating, eating to "fit in", emotional eating, fill the void eating, guilt and eating, loneliness and eating, social eating, and stress and eating.

Body Rejecting Meat

so i started getting sick from eating meat 6 years ago an the doctors keep an telling me nothing is wrong, but wen i got pregnant a couple months into my pregnancy an i could eat in fact i craved it but now a year has gone by from having my daughter an i am starting to have problems again. It either ruins my whole apatite for 2 hours to two days or i get really nausea after sometimes to the point of me actually vomiting or i get headaches for days from it, i also get severe cramps an bloating, it is pretty much an immediate reaction an seems to be getting worse. Can someone tell whats wrong???
If the medical is ruled out again, you may want to think of psychological connections.  Does meat or specific meats remind you of previous experiences?  In addition, some individuals with sexual abuse history connect certain foods with sexual abuse experiences.  You could also ask yourself, if my nausea could talk (be your nausea) what would it say? With vomiting and headaches, cramps & bloating, repeat this exercise.  Also, often the more anxious any of us gets about a troublesome issue, the more anxious we become creating it to happen more often.  Simple breathing exercises can calm you down.  Close your eyes and breathe in through your nose counting one in and breathe out counting one out.  Count up to 10 in the same fashion.  If you lose your count, start at one again.  You can put a timer on for 2 minutes.  When you are calm, your anxiety about the issue can subside.  Warm regards, Patricia Pitts, PhD  The Bella Vita Los Angeles, CA