Chewing and Spitting caused puffy face! HELP!
I have a disorder where I chew my food and spit it out instead of swallowing it. It's super addictive, and I've been doing it for a couple years now.
Recently I've been doing it a lot more and my face is puffy and swollen because apparently my salivary glands have been working overtime because they think I'm going to swallow the food but then I don't.
I'm going home this weekend and I am going to see people I haven't seen in a while. I really don't want my face to be puffy! I am trying to give up chewing and spitting starting today, but does anyone know how I can cure a puffy face quickly?! Please help!
I am familiar with that eating disorder symptom, but am unsure of what to do about the puffy face. I have had similar struggles because I'm in recovery from anorexia and bulimia (purging causes the puffy face as well). I try little petty things in attempt to help it but don't know if they actually work or not. I'll see if I can think or find something that might help. I know staying more upright and staying hydrated helps with swollenness, but have no idea if it would actually help with this or not. I'll let you know if I come up with anything. Good luck!

I think you know this, but the best way to get rid of it is to not do it. I know that it's very difficult and not something that you can just suddenly drop altogether. The puffy face could be a good motivator for recovery though, yes?? ....along with many, many other things of course!

I hope you are doing okay

Ashley