Eating Disorders Expert Forum
Chocolate addiction

Questions in the Emotional Eating forum are answered by medical experts. Topics covered include eating disorders, anger and eating, anxiety and eating, binge eating, depression and eating, eating to "fit in", emotional eating, fill the void eating, guilt and eating, loneliness and eating, social eating, and stress and eating.

Chocolate addiction

I'm addicted to chocolate, eat about 6 tbs of Nutella every day because I've been diagnosed with Major Depression Disorder my doctor wants me to lay off sugar and ditch the chocolate completely! I tried that for a few days but it only made me crave it more and today I ended up eating almost the entire jar of Nutella with almond butter.
One of the reasons I'm depressed is because I'm fat and emotional eater - eat because I'm depressed and don't know how to stop this vicious cycle. Anyone has any advice??  Thanks!!
Also, the doctor said that the meds I'm taking (Wellbutrin) would help me with weight loss but so far I've gained 4lb!!!
There is a way to end this vicious cycle.  I have created a ***@**** which actually helps to break the cycle and deal with your depression without any medications.  Go to the site and look around and be sure to sign up emotional eating 101 course and take the free session.  It will take some work and effort on your part but as you read through all other people have progressed in this program, you'll see that it can work for you.