Eating Disorders Community
Confused, please help

This forum is for questions and support regarding Anorexia, Athletes, Binge Eating, Body Image, Bulimia, Causes of Eating Disorders, Dental Issues, Laxative Abuse, Male Eating Disorders, Media Images, Pregnancy, Support Groups, Teens

Confused, please help

Hi, I need help not for myself but for my wife. Anyone that will take time to read this and help me is very much appreciated. I don't know what to do with her.

What i observed was, when she's eating, or having our dinner at first she'll like the food but after a few minutes, she'll feel like vomiting.

She wants to sleep almost a day.

When she's at work, absent minded, most of the time, you need to repeat what you are saying cause she don't hear it. At bed, when we're talking after a while she's already sleeping, i don't know but she always felt tired, like most of the time. sometimes i get irritated cause, i don't like that, even she didn't do anything for the whole day, she felt the same thing and wants to sleep.

As far as i remember her weight is 30kls something. I want her to gain weight but i don't know what to do. I told her to take a multivitamins but most of the time she'll forget it, like when i say something after a few minutes, she'll forget what i said. I really don't know what's happening to her. please help. I'm doing what i need to do as a husband, I'm doing everything but I don't know what's happening to her, sometimes I don't understand her.

Should we seek professional health? I don't know where to go regarding of her case, thank you in advance for suggestions and help.
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your wife’s medical problems. In all probability she has an eating disorder. This can make her vomit what she eats and this can ultimately lead to anemia, hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), low blood pressure etc and make her fatigued and sleepy.
The other possibility is that she has a liver or kidney disorder. The third possibility is a severe gastric reflux with gastric ulcer. Yes, please consult your doctor regarding this. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.