Eating Disorders Community
Constantly feeling the need to throw up

This forum is for questions and support regarding Anorexia, Athletes, Binge Eating, Body Image, Bulimia, Causes of Eating Disorders, Dental Issues, Laxative Abuse, Male Eating Disorders, Media Images, Pregnancy, Support Groups, Teens

Constantly feeling the need to throw up

Hi! I am 21 years old and have a problem with eating. This has been happening to me for about the past 2 years, more frequently now. Here is my problem, every time I eat, I feel the need to throw up or am about to throw up. Most of the time I eat, I all of a sudden feel the need to throw up or dry heave and most of the time it is just dry heaving, I don't actually throw up. This started happening to me about 2 years ago, but it wasn't as frequent as it is now. Two years ago, I would only feel the need to throw up if I am full but keep eating. Now, I feel like throwing up in the middle of eating and I am not even full. When I begin to get the feeling of throwing up, I begin to dry heave and after dry heaving is when I start to feel better and the feeling of throwing up goes away. It is embarrassing because it happens in public a lot. When I was younger I use to be able to eat anything and even if I was full I was able to eat more and not feel sick. I don't think I have an eating disorder, I eat whatever I want, but it just seems like whatever I eat doesn't want to stay down unless I dry heave. I know for sure I am not pregnant too.. is there something wrong with me?
Tags: throw up
It sounds like you are not intentionally making yourself throw up, but just get the feeling and can't help it. This is definitely a sign of a problem and you should see your doctor.
I used to do that, my brain would automatically want to throw up. it is an eating disorder.
To rule anything out, see your family doctor.