Eating Disorders Expert Forum
Do I have an ED?

Questions in the Emotional Eating forum are answered by medical experts. Topics covered include eating disorders, anger and eating, anxiety and eating, binge eating, depression and eating, eating to "fit in", emotional eating, fill the void eating, guilt and eating, loneliness and eating, social eating, and stress and eating.

Do I have an ED?

I am 13 years old, I constantly feel fat. I am 5 '3 and 107-10 lbs, I fluctuate. I don't eat much because I have a voice that says eating will make me fat. Am I fat? I throw up my food too. Do I have a problem?  Am I over reacting?
I really appreciate you sharing your struggle with me. I would not venture to diagnose you without seeing you for a comprehensive eating disorder evaluation.  I am concerned with the symptoms you are presenting.  Please seek out a counselor at school and speak to you parents about seeing an eating disorder specialist in your area for an evaluation. In addition, to learn more about eating disorders and to take an eating disorder survey, you could visit the bella vita website. Wishing you the best, Patricia Pitts, PhD The Bella Vita Los Angeles, CA
Well you are actually very normal in size.. Don't put yourself down.. You aren't over reacting, but calm down .. Lots of girls out there are going through this too, but please stop throwing your food up.. It is VERY unhealthy.. You've gotta have your nutrients..
My suggestion is to just eat healthy, exercise, but don't starve yourself or throw it up..
When you throw up, you lose nutrients in your bones and muscles.. And it'll just make u weak and groggy/tired..
So maybe consider being vegetarian/vegan? What ever you'd like but take it easy chikka!(;