Eating Disorders Community
Do I have an eating disorder?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Anorexia, Athletes, Binge Eating, Body Image, Bulimia, Causes of Eating Disorders, Dental Issues, Laxative Abuse, Male Eating Disorders, Media Images, Pregnancy, Support Groups, Teens

Do I have an eating disorder?

So...I remember when I was 9 years old, I looked up at my legs and thought they were fat. I thought I was fat and I actually went on a dket for two days by eating just soup. I never love my body. I always thought I was fat. And now I'm 15 and I'm obssessed with my weight and what I'm eating. I starve myself and self harm. I tried to purge once, but I'm afraid to throw up so I didn't. I got suicidal thoughts. I am so ashamed of my body. Each time I look myself in the mirror I feel so disgusting and fat and horrible. I'm ashamed to walk in the street, to be in public stresses me, I hate myself
So I wondered, have I got an eating disorder or a disorder in my head?
Hi!
Well, you do have a problem with eating and the obsession with body image is a part of this. Actually you may be quite good looking, but you could be having a negative perception of your body because you may not be as proportionate as models etc. Also, starving etc is part of an eating disorder. Please consult a doctor who treats eating disorder. Treatment will be a combination of medication and psychotherapy. You would be taught to eat healthy and exercise such that your body image and confidence increases. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.