Eating Disorders Community
Does Chronic Nausea effect anyone else?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Anorexia, Athletes, Binge Eating, Body Image, Bulimia, Causes of Eating Disorders, Dental Issues, Laxative Abuse, Male Eating Disorders, Media Images, Pregnancy, Support Groups, Teens

Does Chronic Nausea effect anyone else?

Hi! I'm 20 years old and have been struggling with Bulimia for 5 years. For the last few months I have been experiencing nausea on most days, I think it may have something to do with me getting down my new lowest weight and the lack of food I've been consuming seeing as I'm now classified as underweight but it's really getting horrible. I also have been throwing up stomach acid a few times a week for the last month or so. I have not purposefully thrown up (purged) since October 28th and I'm trying to keep it that way. It's just getting difficult to keep those: 'Well you're nauseous and throwing up anyway so you should b/p" I just don't want to start using purging as a coping tactic I just want to feel better. :(
Hi!
I am glad to note that you want to feel better. The constant nausea you now feel could be due to gastric reflux and acidity, both of which are the result of remaining hungry and purging. You can take avoid fuzzy drinks, oily and spicy food and take omeprazole empty stomach in morning and antacid gels 2-3 times a day and see if it helps.
The treatment involves various types of behavior therapies, nutritional guidance, medications to control hunger, food satiety, and exercise and yoga. Please consult a good psychologist/psychiatrist who specializes in eating disorders. Take care!