Eating Disorders Community
Eating disorders and Sugar addiction

This forum is for questions and support regarding Anorexia, Athletes, Binge Eating, Body Image, Bulimia, Causes of Eating Disorders, Dental Issues, Laxative Abuse, Male Eating Disorders, Media Images, Pregnancy, Support Groups, Teens

Eating disorders and Sugar addiction

Hello, I need help! I'm 19 yrs old and female and i have an eating disorder. I saw a dietician for the first time today and she told me that there is no such thing as sugar addiction. I looked at her blankly and then kind of tunned out in confusion and didn't hear the rest of her explanation. I know that sugar takes a massive hold of me and i have read plently of other personal experiences. When i have not eaten it for a while i do not crave it in the slightest, however if i do accidently on an occation have a bit too much of it, my body goes into a frenzy and i want  or feel as thouigh i 'need' more and more and more. It takes weeks for me to ween myself of it. Is this a chemical depenence or is it all in my head? My weight has gone up and down constantly for around two years now because of gradually working my way back and forth from one extreem to the other - starvation then binging. I think that sugar is my main weakness. thanksyou in advance!
I think for some people it is addictive yes,how much of that is psycical and how much mental I dont know but addiction is addiction in the end. Lily