Feet edemas; anorexia recovery
I am suffering from feet and body edemas. I am going through a recovering period from anorexia. I am currently talking to a psichologist, and im taking medication, which he prescribed me due to my depression. My feet edemas are very uncomfortable and I also suffer from bloating after eating. Id like to know anything that could help with my condition, especially any advice regarding my feet edemas and solutions to diminish them. thank you very much.

Silvia.
Hi Silvia,

Way to go on striving for a healthier lifestyle. Recovery is hard. But you're doing the smart thing in asking for tips and advice along the way which will make the process so much easier on you.
I've definitely had my fair share of edema/bloating from starvation, and it has a lot to do with your electrolytes, which keep your fluid levels balanced. After the body is being re-fed it is working hard to regulate all these important minerals, and it may take a little time for your body to balance out.
Keeping your feet elevated will help with the swelling in the meantime.
Your digestion is being kicked into high gear again as well and this also contributes to the bloating or discomfort you feel after eating. Don't worry, it doesn't take long. You'll start feeling better with each day.

Brittany
I thank you so much Brittany. Recovery is very hard indeed. What else should I expect? What did u eat when you went through your first recovrey stages? what foods were easier on your body to digest? Also what is very hard for me to deal with, is my relationship with my mom, since she can't understand what anorexia is, and how hard it is to recover from it. Regarding my edemas, it is difficult to even simply move around because of the pain, and plus they started overnight, out of the blue. I have a hard time eatting salt or anything salty. Did u also have a hard time overcoming your fear of getting fat, and couldnt all the time see how skinny u actually were?

Silvia.