Eating Disorders Expert Forum
Food isn't bad, right?

Questions in the Emotional Eating forum are answered by medical experts. Topics covered include eating disorders, anger and eating, anxiety and eating, binge eating, depression and eating, eating to "fit in", emotional eating, fill the void eating, guilt and eating, loneliness and eating, social eating, and stress and eating.

Food isn't bad, right?

Hello I'm 30 and I know I am overweight and I want to lose weight. The problem is that I have battling eating disorders on and off for the past 19 years. I was last diagnosed as EDNOS about 7 years ago, I quit counsiling and managed to silence the eating disorder durring my pregnancy, for the first time in my life it actually felt good to eat and I enjoyed it. However when I go on diets or attempt to make lifestyle changes it always seems to start off the same way. I lose weight, just a few pounds and I feel great but soon after I find myself obsessing over calories, fat carbs (and I go from 1200 to 1500 calories a day to 500 or less). It always manages to spiral out of control and I find myself drowning in another eating disorder. I don't want to be sick and I don't want to die, mostly I just want to be healthy and comfortable in my own skin. I want to be able to look at food as a source of nurishment not a source of evil.