Eating Disorders Expert Forum
Former anorexic, now for three years have dealt with bloating/distentio...

Questions in the Emotional Eating forum are answered by medical experts. Topics covered include eating disorders, anger and eating, anxiety and eating, binge eating, depression and eating, eating to "fit in", emotional eating, fill the void eating, guilt and eating, loneliness and eating, social eating, and stress and eating.

Former anorexic, now for three years have dealt with bloating/distention

Hi about three or so years ago I went through a long period of anorexia nervosa, I was checking labels, eating barely any fat foods, always feeling terrible if i aint something unhealthy, and on top of that running 10 miles and working out every day because  I thought i was fat. Once then period ended, I immediately began to binge eat at every meal, and would get incredibly bloated and distended (pregnant). I have done all the GI tests, colonoscopy endoscopy etc etc and no one has found anything! i have tried many a diet to see what works and what doesnt, I have been through the psychiatrist and I am in a great mental state-- but because of my severe BLOATING and distention immediately after EVERY meal that lasts four hours and is so uncomfortable (but no pain) I still have bad days and it just takes all the life/ energy out of me. I would love to know if others have this problem, how they cope with it, and if anyone knows ways to just alleviate these symptoms at all, just to make life a bit more comfortable? Would love to hear some thoughts I'm in college and I want to be a doctor and help others when i grow up, I just wish my stupid mistake from high school wont make the rest of my life uncomfy and less fulfilling...Thank you