Eating Disorders Community
Gall Bladder or IBS
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Anorexia, Athletes, Binge Eating, Body Image, Bulimia, Causes of Eating Disorders, Dental Issues, Laxative Abuse, Male Eating Disorders, Media Images, Pregnancy, Support Groups, Teens

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Gall Bladder or IBS

When ever I eat, doesn't have to be fatty I get loud intestial gurgling and then diarrea (diarrhea), I'm thinking IBS or gall bladder. I do have gall stones that were seen on an ultra sound years ago.
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
What you have is probably chronic diarrhea. Chronic diarrhea can be due to parasitic infestations.  Other causes are irritable bowel syndrome, celiac disease, Crohn’s disease, malabsorption syndromes, pancreatic diseases, diabetes, hyperthyroidism etc. If celiac, Crohn’s and other problems have been ruled out then lactose intolerance and IBS are the possibilities. Gas in stomach, burping, diarrhea all go in favor of IBS. Pancreatic enzyme disorders, liver dysfunction, HIV, cancer of the gut, and infections by parasites other than giardia can all cause persisting diarrhea. Lyme and lupus are other possibilities that present this way. Please discuss this with your doctor (GI doctor). Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eating Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...