Aa
A
A
Close
Having Trouble Gaining Weight
I am 19, 5'3" and 103.8 lbs as of this morning.  I am a recovering anorexic and I have been trying to gain weight for about 3 months now, and having a lot of trouble with it.  My nutritionist wants me at 110, and I really am trying, but in order to get as many calories as I'm supposed to, it seems like I can't do anything other than cooking and eating for most of the day, and I don't have the time.  I don't exercise intentionally at all, but I don't drive, so I am walking too, from and between bus stops, and sometimes short distances to things where it's faster to walk than to wait for a bus.

This discussion is related to How do I stop being anorexic and bulimic without seeing a doctor I'm still only young and Im scared..
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1691274_tn?1307087436
I am in the same boat. Im 5'6" and 95lbs. Getting scared too I have started eating healthy, though I find it gross to eat all day. And I cut back on my exercise like they wanted but I too am really lost. Im 42yrs old and have been anorexic since I was very young, its been 3 decades now and Im really getting afraid. Please let me know if you find anything to help and feel free to message me anytime.
Comment
Cancel
1691274_tn?1307087436
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Planning things out in advance, totaling the calories to make sure they're high enough, and then actually eating what I planned seems to be the only viable strategy...also ice cream...scary, yes, but it's calorie dense which means you can get a fair number of your required cals without it feeling like a lot of food.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Having Trouble Gaining Weight
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eating Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703