Eating Disorders Community
Having Trouble Gaining Weight

This forum is for questions and support regarding Anorexia, Athletes, Binge Eating, Body Image, Bulimia, Causes of Eating Disorders, Dental Issues, Laxative Abuse, Male Eating Disorders, Media Images, Pregnancy, Support Groups, Teens

Having Trouble Gaining Weight

I am 19, 5'3" and 103.8 lbs as of this morning.  I am a recovering anorexic and I have been trying to gain weight for about 3 months now, and having a lot of trouble with it.  My nutritionist wants me at 110, and I really am trying, but in order to get as many calories as I'm supposed to, it seems like I can't do anything other than cooking and eating for most of the day, and I don't have the time.  I don't exercise intentionally at all, but I don't drive, so I am walking too, from and between bus stops, and sometimes short distances to things where it's faster to walk than to wait for a bus.

This discussion is related to How do I stop being anorexic and bulimic without seeing a doctor I'm still only young and Im scared..
I am in the same boat. Im 5'6" and 95lbs. Getting scared too I have started eating healthy, though I find it gross to eat all day. And I cut back on my exercise like they wanted but I too am really lost. Im 42yrs old and have been anorexic since I was very young, its been 3 decades now and Im really getting afraid. Please let me know if you find anything to help and feel free to message me anytime.
Planning things out in advance, totaling the calories to make sure they're high enough, and then actually eating what I planned seems to be the only viable strategy...also ice cream...scary, yes, but it's calorie dense which means you can get a fair number of your required cals without it feeling like a lot of food.