Eating Disorders Community
How to have a positive image of myself

This forum is for questions and support regarding Anorexia, Athletes, Binge Eating, Body Image, Bulimia, Causes of Eating Disorders, Dental Issues, Laxative Abuse, Male Eating Disorders, Media Images, Pregnancy, Support Groups, Teens

How to have a positive image of myself

I am 20 years old, 5'11 1/2 and I believe I've been suffering from anorexia on and off since I was 18. I just can't seem to be confident with my body, and the fact that I don't weigh 100 pounds. People have always said how thin I am, and I've never been called fat, or even overweight for my height range, but because I am so tall, I think part of my problem is I compare myself to other girls half my height who naturally have that 100 pound frame. I weigh around 138, the last time I weighed myself. I just want to find ways that I can cope with being happy with how I look, and perhaps even from other tall girls who feel the pressure to be at a certain weight since people automatically will notice us in a room because of our height. I either over exercise, don't eat anything except yogurt all day, or I realize I'm being silly and eat something like a sandwich that I then feel guilty about eating so Im stuck in this never ending cycle of self hatred for my body, and I want to finally feel 100% confident in my body.
i have the same problem...but i have a baby know and i cant do that or i would be indangering my child. but i have found ways to cope exp wit hthe weight gain i would cry and cry for hours about the weight gain. insted of looking at the smaller pattiet fram of the other girls i look at the somewhat larger ppl and think that i could be like that and i have grew to relize i get more complements know that i have gained weight i look healther and i have more energy, wich makes me feel better i still get down and find myself in the bathroom trying to puke my guts out then i relize i have a child to take care of and how i do not want my child to see me like this and end up like me its not the way to live and a nightmare. i like to have a picture of myself in my jurnal and i write nice things about myself and the way i look when i am at home alone i get underesed and sit in my mirror and just get use to the way i look it hurts at first but after a wile i grew to accept myself for who i am even threw all the ups and downs! even congradulate yourself like yea i hade fries today and didnt even get upset! i go back and read how misserable i use to feel in my journal and it sickend me that i did that. my child was my wake up call