How to have a positive image of myself
I am 20 years old, 5'11 1/2 and I believe I've been suffering from anorexia on and off since I was 18. I just can't seem to be confident with my body, and the fact that I don't weigh 100 pounds. People have always said how thin I am, and I've never been called fat, or even overweight for my height range, but because I am so tall, I think part of my problem is I compare myself to other girls half my height who naturally have that 100 pound frame. I weigh around 138, the last time I weighed myself. I just want to find ways that I can cope with being happy with how I look, and perhaps even from other tall girls who feel the pressure to be at a certain weight since people automatically will notice us in a room because of our height. I either over exercise, don't eat anything except yogurt all day, or I realize I'm being silly and eat something like a sandwich that I then feel guilty about eating so Im stuck in this never ending cycle of self hatred for my body, and I want to finally feel 100% confident in my body.
i have the same problem...but i have a baby know and i cant do that or i would be indangering my child. but i have found ways to cope exp wit hthe weight gain i would cry and cry for hours about the weight gain. insted of looking at the smaller pattiet fram of the other girls i look at the somewhat larger ppl and think that i could be like that and i have grew to relize i get more complements know that i have gained weight i look healther and i have more energy, wich makes me feel better i still get down and find myself in the bathroom trying to puke my guts out then i relize i have a child to take care of and how i do not want my child to see me like this and end up like me its not the way to live and a nightmare. i like to have a picture of myself in my jurnal and i write nice things about myself and the way i look when i am at home alone i get underesed and sit in my mirror and just get use to the way i look it hurts at first but after a wile i grew to accept myself for who i am even threw all the ups and downs! even congradulate yourself like yea i hade fries today and didnt even get upset! i go back and read how misserable i use to feel in my journal and it sickend me that i did that. my child was my wake up call