Eating Disorders Expert Forum
How to keep of weight when on Zoloft

Questions in the Emotional Eating forum are answered by medical experts. Topics covered include eating disorders, anger and eating, anxiety and eating, binge eating, depression and eating, eating to "fit in", emotional eating, fill the void eating, guilt and eating, loneliness and eating, social eating, and stress and eating.

How to keep of weight when on Zoloft

I just recently got off of adderall (adderrall) xr 20mg because I had a severe panic attack and had to be rushed to the emergency room,  The problem is that I already had panic attacks before.  The doctor put me on Zoloft and it worked out great for me.  The only problem was that I got depressed over gaining weight.  I am now back on it.  But I still want to be on the adderall (adderrall), but I am scared my body won't react right to it.  I really want to LOSE weight and not gain.   I also felt productive for the first time in a long time on the adderall (adderrall).  HELP?  What should I do?  Should I risk the adderall (adderrall) and give it another shot or should I stay on Zoloft.  I DON"T WANT TO GAIN WEIGHT!!!!  My doctor told me to get off of it but that is before I went to the emergency room.  Is there anyway for my body to get imune to it?  I am so scared about gaining weight.  I get sooooo depressed and it effects every part of my life and mood.  
There are two ways to control your weight. ONe is to switch medications, like ot buspar or wellbutrin. The other is to stay on Zoloft but watch what you eat very carefully, in particular avoid eating for relief or reward, and learn to separate out food as food  rather than food as a form of self medication.  If you get panic attacks, adderall (adderrall) is not for you.
I really appreciate your response and advice.  See I just went to the emergency room today.  I started adderall (adderrall) three days ago.  Is it possible that I could be addicted to it bc of the fact that it was making me lose weight?  I had and eating disorder and am still very obsessed.  So I really do appreciate your response bc I was seriously considering staying on adderall (adderrall).  My husband  took it and hid it from me because I didn't want him to get rid of it.  That scares me a little.  I have never been addicted to drugs and I don't ever want to be.  So I guess the best thing to do is give the Zoloft a shot like you said and if that doesn't work then try the other two meds that you suggested.  Thanks so much for your help again.   I hope I will do ok with the food part.