Eating Disorders Community
How to lose weight after recovery from disordered eating

This forum is for questions and support regarding Anorexia, Athletes, Binge Eating, Body Image, Bulimia, Causes of Eating Disorders, Dental Issues, Laxative Abuse, Male Eating Disorders, Media Images, Pregnancy, Support Groups, Teens

I'm 5'4", 33 year old female, active in weight lifting/ cardio since 2007 and a crossfit athlete for 10 months ago. I was eating approx 1000-1300 cal for the past 2.5 years. As a result, I lost the fat I was hoping to but consequently developed hypothyroidism and amenorrhea. This august, I made an effort to correct the metabolic disturbances under the direction of a registered dietician. I increased my caloric intake to 1600 cal/day. To my dismay, I rapidly went from 115lbs to 130lbs in 2 months.
On the other hand, menses resumed within 1 month, I stopped taking the thyroid hormone in October and had a low normal t4 TSH in November. I am very happy with the improvement in pituitary function/ hormone stabilization. However, at this point I am at the weight which started the disordered eating in the first place. Now I really want to lose the extra fat weight that I gained without relapsing back to hypothyroidism and amenorrhea. (It IS fat which was measured with calipers). I am still active in crossfit 3-4x/week and have adapted my diet to strictly following the paleolithic nutritional guidelines instead of the super high grain recommendations of my RD. This dietary modification has kept my weight at 130lb for the past month.
A few questions:
1. How can I lose the fat quickly and safely without again disrupting my pituitary/thyroid/menses.
2. Is there a doctor in the chicago area who is an expert in metabolic dysfunction particularly for patients recovering from disordered eating who is also able to advise on weight loss? (My metabolic endocrinologist and PCP have not been able to help)
i have both hypothyroidism and amenorrhea but mine is primary. however the fat in witch you are looking to lose is normal for your bmi and you should not worie about losing rather just eating as healthy as you can an cutting out curbs and just work on toning up with light work out. and you should try losing the lbs as slowly as you can it will work i have been working on losing lbs as well for the past 2 years an it seems to work best to do it as slowly as i can it stays off an dos not come back i have a gole to lose 10lbs a year. and being at 130lbs is a normal wight for you i am the same hight an about 135lbs an my bmi is in the normal range and has been for most of my life
thank you for your input. I am aware that I have a normal BMI and am greatful for that. However, I want to get rid of the gut, the muffin top, etc. and think that I really need find doctor who is an expert in metabolism, exercise, nutrition, disordered eating, etc to determine my unique requirements necessary to achieve my goals safely.