I can't bring myself to eat certain food
Does anyone else have a fear of food. Well its not so much a fear, I just can't bring myself to eat food i've never had. It started when I was a kid and I apparently refused to eat other food apart from some bread. Anything else I attempted to eat I would involentarily throw up. Now I eat some other things like cereal, crisps, chocolate, apples, lettice and cucumber but thats it, I can't bring myself to eat anything else. Does anyone know how to get over this, I want to be able to eat heathily, but if I did now I would practically be eating nothing because I would eradicate my whole diet.
Hey! Yes, I know how it feels to be terrified of food and certain foods. New foods bring up the fear of the unknown. Eating only certain foods and being afraid of foods is a definite sign of an eating disorder. I have struggled on and off for nine years. You may want to start by allowing your self one bite of a new or forbidden food. One bite makes no difference to your body so tell yourself that you can do it. Try to enjoy that one bite and if that is all you can do... stop. Build from there and try different foods each week or each day, whatever you are comfortable with. Hope this hopes, keep talking, it makes a huge differnce!
Was anyone else in your Family the same you could have learned it, try a new Cereal each week, lots of great tasting chips out there, apples are good, all kinds of apples  how about pears, Lettuce good several kinds to try, and cucumber, try a bit of cheese with it. A bite at a time, write down food you may like to taste then get s small amount, eating isnt a punishment you know, try it for fun, how about you invite a friend for a meal and get a small Pizza eat for you both.Lots of healthy stuff out there Dark choc is now considered a health food!! How about Yoghourt and Jello with a few Blueberries,hey and Baked beans on Toast are scrumptious!!