Eating Disorders Community
I eat a lot but stay skinny & get so hungry then feel full too quic...

This forum is for questions and support regarding Anorexia, Athletes, Binge Eating, Body Image, Bulimia, Causes of Eating Disorders, Dental Issues, Laxative Abuse, Male Eating Disorders, Media Images, Pregnancy, Support Groups, Teens

I eat a lot but stay skinny & get so hungry then feel full too quickly, WHY?

I eat a lot and people always ask why I'm so skinny and I have no idea. I currently weigh 7st 13lb and it's always been an issue where I eat normally but do not gain hardly any weight?

When I get hungry, I want to eat a lot of food but when I eat a plate, I get full up very quickly and if i push myself to eat more, I feel bloated and nausea, Do I have a small stomach or ??
Hi!
Your symptoms could be due to IBS, Crohn’s, acidity, celiac, gastric reflux, diabetes, malabsoprtion syndrome etc. You need to get investigated to find the cause. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
You might also just not be eating enough, so your digestive system can't handle what it gets. Your symptoms of hunger (even when uncomfortably physically full) and bloating sound very much like the early stages of recovery from starvation. It's possible that you have to push through the discomfort to get your digestive system back up to snuff. But of course it's worth seeing a doctor and considering the other possibilities.
I have that same problem, have had it my whole life. For a brief time between ages 12 and 14, I could eat as much as I wanted and not have the bloating pain after wards and still not gain weight, but then later in high school and definitely in college, the problem came back. I don't know why it happens. Not to contradict the doctor but I have the same problem and I am just about certain I don't have any of those diseases she suggested. You might be different though, who knows? I feel your pain though. It really *****. I love food and I can rarely finish a kids meal.