Eating Disorders Expert Forum
I'm dizzy all the time

Questions in the Emotional Eating forum are answered by medical experts. Topics covered include eating disorders, anger and eating, anxiety and eating, binge eating, depression and eating, eating to "fit in", emotional eating, fill the void eating, guilt and eating, loneliness and eating, social eating, and stress and eating.

I'm dizzy all the time

Hi, I've been eating under 1200 kcal since last July when I decided I needed to Change my habits and get healthier. I never feel hungry but the past week I've been worried. I've completely removed added, processed and refined sugars from my diet and I feel dizzy every time I walk. I still eat fruit and I drink lots of water. I weigh 102lbs, I'm 5'1 and I'm 14. Should I be worried?
I am so glad you wrote!  You are right to be worried.  You are young.  And the feelings of dizziness and restrictive eating are cause for concern.  I would encourage you to speak to your parents about seeing your pediatrician to see if there is anything going on with you medically or if you might benefit from some psychological support.  To learn more about eating disorders and treatment options, visit the bella vita website.  Best wishes, Dr Patricia Pitts, PhD  The Bella Vita  Los Angeles, CA