Eating Disorders Expert Forum
I'm insane! My parents won't listen

Questions in the Emotional Eating forum are answered by medical experts. Topics covered include eating disorders, anger and eating, anxiety and eating, binge eating, depression and eating, eating to "fit in", emotional eating, fill the void eating, guilt and eating, loneliness and eating, social eating, and stress and eating.

I'm insane! My parents won't listen

Hi my name is Brii and I started being causios of my weight around kindergarten. Then in sixth grade anorexia and blumia came into my life. I would not eat for a week and then binge eat any ways o got caught in 8 grade and I didn't go to rehab I just acted well. I hate the way I look!! I am Fat and disgusting! well I'm going to camp for a week and considering not eating for the week. I am so confused I don't want to eat but if I don't eat and then I either die or recover and get fat. Please help!?
It is sad how your preoccupation with food, weight and appearance has been plaguing you nonstop since kindergarten.  And things have just gotten worse, not better.  Eating disorders are life threatening and insidious.  It sounds like it is time for you to seek help.  Look for an eating disorder specialist (psychiatrist or therapist) in your area for an evaluation.  In the meantime, you could educate yourself by visiting the bella vita website to take our eating disorder survey, learn more about eating disorders and treatment options.  Best wishes, Patricia Pitts, PhD  The Bella Vita  Los Angeles, CA