Eating Disorders Community
I'm trying to find an ED specialist... HELP

This forum is for questions and support regarding Anorexia, Athletes, Binge Eating, Body Image, Bulimia, Causes of Eating Disorders, Dental Issues, Laxative Abuse, Male Eating Disorders, Media Images, Pregnancy, Support Groups, Teens

I have been looking for an ed specialist for therepy know for 4 months but i can't find any in my area who takes my insurance. I was wondering if anyone who might have had a hard time finding someone, might be able to point me in the right direction.
Thanks,
Rach
your best bet is going to a shrink, but it depends on the severity. I know in the US they have live in facilities for ED's, there's 3 or 4 in Canada.

It's really hard to answer, depends on how far along you are. Have you been to your GP? it's really important to get checked out, make sure your physically OK. Most ED folks aren't after a while. So go to your GP k?
i have gone to see my doctor, but she hasn't checked my bloodwork in a while, plus she's already looked and can't find one in the area. I have a shrink, but the same problem. I know they have live ins, i was in a day program over the summer with a live in, but know i'm back to school, and can't miss classes.  I just wish i could find someone who i could see like for an hour a week.
If you don't live in th US, where do you live?
Vancouver BC, and we actually have an eating disorder clinic in the hospital I go see my pdoc at, it's supposed to be great! Your pdoc should be able to help you a bit. You do have to ask yourself which is more important, school or your life right? If you are an active bulemic or anorexic you need help now. school can wait.
I know what you mean about school waiting, but two years ago i took off 56 days from school for eating disordered and self mutilation reasons. I was kept back in the 10th grade.  I would hate for that to happen again. I really appriciate you talking to me. i don't know anyone with an ed, so i feel really lonley in  it a lot of the time.i mean i'm sorry your going through the same thing, but i'm glad i've found someone to talk to.