Is my increased appetite from starting The BC Pill?
I began using The BC pill a few months ago, along with actively engaging in bulimic behaviors. I noticed that I am experiencing spotting and increased appetite after I began using the pill, Could this increase in appetite from the pill, or from my bulimia , and the fact that the pill may have failed me, therefore causing an even more out of control appetite?
Hi there,
Which birth control pill have you been using? Pills can often cause weight gain due to fluid retention. Weight gain is a temporary side effect to the pill but if it is causing significant weight gain talk to your doctor. Your doctor may suggest a different type of birth control pill. In bulimia there will be overeating followed by purging in order to avoid weight gain. Spotting can again be a side effect of the pills. It is recommended to talk to your doctor about it and get reassured. I hope it helps.
Best wishes and regards!