Eating Disorders Expert Forum
Is this serious?!

Questions in the Emotional Eating forum are answered by medical experts. Topics covered include eating disorders, anger and eating, anxiety and eating, binge eating, depression and eating, eating to "fit in", emotional eating, fill the void eating, guilt and eating, loneliness and eating, social eating, and stress and eating.

Is this serious?!

Me and my boyfriend split up 3 weeks ago after a very difficult 2 and a half year relationship...  I can't eat and have eaten minimal since we split up, I can't stomach anything, any meals I have make me throw up, I will literally have a bite of a banana all day or something, I dunno whether this is serious or not but I'm getting worried, I'm also being sick in the mornings but I don't think I'm pregnant! Please help me!

Hi, thank you so much for writing. It sounds like you have been through a lot in the last couple of years. Break ups can be very difficult and emotions can definitely affect appetite. I would encourage you to seek out a therapist in your area so that you can begin the process of healing. It is important to allow yourself a space in which to work through some of the painful emotions surrounding the break up. If there is any concern that you might be pregnant, I would advise you to see your OB GYN. Best, Dr Patricia Pitts, PhD The Bella Vita Los Angeles, CA
You can take an easy pregnancy test at home to make it sure whether you are pregnant or not. Do not get depressed. Feel free and try to adjust with your environment.