Eating Disorders Community
Laxative abuse ?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Anorexia, Athletes, Binge Eating, Body Image, Bulimia, Causes of Eating Disorders, Dental Issues, Laxative Abuse, Male Eating Disorders, Media Images, Pregnancy, Support Groups, Teens

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Laxative abuse ?

I have a blood test in one week exactly to check for signs of low potassium.
I had my results back from a previous test today and they where clear, however i overdosed on laxatives today badly and became really dehydrated. I need nexts weeks test  to be clear too.

Will it show up that ive used laxatives? Surely a week of using them wont make a difference if i was fine before?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
It can lower your potassium, but you have some time to get it back up. Be careful and stay away from those laxatives! They don't work for weight loss...you do know that right?
Blank
The last poster was right, they will do nothing but mess up your bowels, if you continue you may not be able to go on your own.  The tests may show that something is off kilter. Your best bet is to stop, eat veggies and fruit, a decent diet. If you are of the correct weight they will maintain you, if you are overwieght, you may lose some. I would check with a dietician as soon as you can. The best examples of a good diet are the Diabetic diets if you can't go to a dietician.
I've wrecked my body seriously from Bulemia, I did that in my teens and still feel the affects in my 40s.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eating Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...