Eating Disorders Expert Forum
Marijuana and Appetite

Questions in the Emotional Eating forum are answered by medical experts. Topics covered include eating disorders, anger and eating, anxiety and eating, binge eating, depression and eating, eating to "fit in", emotional eating, fill the void eating, guilt and eating, loneliness and eating, social eating, and stress and eating.

Marijuana and Appetite

I have been smoking marijuana regularly for four years now, and lately I've noticed that I am never hungry unless I am high, and if I'm not high then I will go for one to two days without eating. I just don't feel hungry unless I am high, and if i try to force it down when I am sober, I feel like I'm going to throw up. I also throw up most mornings after I wake up unless I am high. Does anyone know what is happening or if this is normal for habitual smokers?
It's not uncommon for habitual smokers to derail the normal mechanisms of eating, sleeping and activities...you should stop and work it out before it is too late.