Eating Disorders Community
My Tongue Can't Tolerate Even Normal Spicy Food...!

This forum is for questions and support regarding Anorexia, Athletes, Binge Eating, Body Image, Bulimia, Causes of Eating Disorders, Dental Issues, Laxative Abuse, Male Eating Disorders, Media Images, Pregnancy, Support Groups, Teens

Hello Sir/Madam,

My wife can't even tolerate normal spicy food. She said that she used to eat spicy food but problem started since 2-3 years back. She's mixes curry to rice or rotis very very lightly as if it's better to have white rice itself. She mixes ghee in all the curries to get rid of spice. For every byte of rice or roti, she has to drink water. Whenever she's in lunch or dinner, she's always leaks her nose with water due to her feeling of spice. So by this she can't taste the food & she can't take more food. She is very very thin :(, I'm very very worried because I love her very much. I want to make her fat and get rid of all the problems.

Please help me...!

Thanks,
yajiv.
Hi Yajiv!
Your wife could be suffering from acidity and gastric reflux due to which acid causes chemical burn on the tongue. Taking omeprazole empty stomach in the morning and antacid gel 2-3 times in a day will help. Along with it is important to avoid spicy food for some days to give the tongue the time to heal.
The other possibility is iron and vitamin B12 deficiency. Taking a multivitamin pill with these two components may help restore the deficiency and allow the tongue and mouth to heal. If all these steps do not help your wife, then please take her to a doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Thanks Kokil Mathur for your information...! I'll try your suggestion.

Doctor, I forgot to mention my wife is 24, 45 weighted, 5'3" in height. She's continuously suffering from loose motions since 1 week. Just after taking meal, she has to rush to wash-room. She's getting very very weak. I'm worried alot :(

Thanks,
Yajiv.

Thanks,
Yajiv.