My bile duct is dilated to 12
I have been having a lot of pain in my right side. My gall bladder was removed several years ago. Ultrasound shows my bile duct to be dilated to 12. My liver and kidney look ok. Could this be cancer?
Hi!
A dilated bile duct is usually due to obstruction with a stone. However it can also be due to cyst or tumor or due to the surgery itself. If there is pain after gall bladder surgery, liver infection, stone in pancreatic duct, pancreatitis, duodenal ulcer and acidity are a few causes that need to be ruled out. If all these causes are ruled out, then it could be due to adhesions and this can only be diagnosed by laparotomy. Since a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on net please discuss with your doctor once. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Thanks so much for your answer! I am having an ERCP on May 1st to see what's causing the bile duct dilation.