Need help finding help....
I've been on an eating disorder unit before but I'm stuck now. I haven't been in outpatient treatment (no therapist, no pdoc) lately because I just moved and I'm waiting for secondary insurance right now. I live in MD and I can't find a place that will take me. I haven't been eating normally for a long time, and have lost 30 Ibs. in a month from eating (well, drinking) just one normal Ensure a day to please my group home.They said if I don't eat they will send me to the hospital but none of the hospitals around here have an ED unit that will take me. I don't know what to do...... *sigh* I have bulimia so my "health problems" are not quite as pronounced :/
Hi!
If you have the will, you'll find the way. Join support groups to keep yourself motivated. A positive frame of mind is very important for treatment. Take up yoga for that will help you. Join any good center in your area. Apart from this, you need proper diagnosis and treatment without which success is not possible. The treatment involves various types of behavior therapies, nutritional guidance, medications to control hunger, food satiety, and exercise and yoga. Please consult a good psychologist/psychiatrist (maybe yellow pages and asking around will help) who specializes in eating disorders. Take care!