Eating Disorders Expert Forum
New Eating Disorder Forum

Questions in the Emotional Eating forum are answered by medical experts. Topics covered include eating disorders, anger and eating, anxiety and eating, binge eating, depression and eating, eating to "fit in", emotional eating, fill the void eating, guilt and eating, loneliness and eating, social eating, and stress and eating.

New Eating Disorder Forum

MedHelp is pleased to announce the opening of our new Eating Disorders forum. The forum is located at http://www.medhelp.org/forums/show/165 and is meant to focus on issues involving different types of Eating Disorders. Please note, this is an unmoderated Medical Community.

Thanks and hope you'll swing by.

MedHelp
Bulimia is the other part of emotional eating, and the patterns of starving and gorging at night is a definite emotional eating pattern.
I would be interested in discussing bulimia in this forum with anyone else who is suffering like I am.
I have eating disorders.  I was bulimic for approx. 32 years.  I sought halp about two years ago and am no longer vomiting.  I still have other eating disorder problems but have finally stopped the bulimia.  Feel free to ask me any questions you might have.  Remember I am still recovering.  Eating disorders are like any other addiction.  You will always have it but can learn to control it but I am still battleing the others.  I hardly eat anything during the day and then eat throughout the night.  This is something I have questions for the doctors. But look like we have to go to new site.
Hi VegasRose im sarah im 17 and i suffer from bulimia i would love to talk to you about it .
Thanks to dsrvthebest and sarah head for commenting.  I am trying to stop, but everytime I eat anything I feel like it's too much and then gorge myself until I have to throw up.  I have spoken to a medical professional and a therapist, but they aren't much help.  I know it's up to me, but I don't know what to do.  I think if I lived with someone else who knew what I did, it would keep me from doing it, but since I live alone I have the opportunity.  What do you think?
I so know what you are feeling.  I am the same way.  I thought that when i moved in with my fiance, I would be all better and not want to vomit any more.  I was so very wrong.  I do it anyway.  He actually caught me one time to my horrer, but he doesn't understand what i am going thru.  I have tried so many time to talk with him about it, reaching out for his help, but I finally just gave up.  You sound just like me.  Everytime I eat something, I think it is to much, and the foods I eat are healthy foods, whole grains, fresh fruit, veggie, sweet potato, nothing processes, unless i can get rid of it one way or another.  I gorge myself until I can just lean over the toilet and it all comes out.  I don't have to make myself vomit, it just happens.  I have done it at restaraunts, friends house, my house, work..........I am out of control like never before,  I have had this ED since i was 14.  I am 38, and a Fitness instructor.  I am a hypocrit.  I my classes only knew what I was really doing.  It concerns me that you saw a therapist, and they were of no help.  How so?  How long did you go.

trying2stop
When I read your comment I thought wow, she has been suffering for a loooong time, and then I realized that I too have been suffering for just about as long.  Like you, besides the Bulimia, I am very healthy.  I eat the right foods and I exercise, but I have this huge problem that no one except my ex-husband knows about.  I went to therapy when I was in college for the Bulimia, and the doctor prescribed antidepressants.  I do think that Prozac helps me stay in a little more control, but the side effects are I don't feel like I experience any emotion.  Later in my life going through my divorce I went to therapy again and another doctor put me on Prozac again.  I have a hard time keeping up, because I am so busy, but basically the therapist asked me to keep a record of my food and identify triggers.  It seemed like I could rationalize every time that I had a problem, but it didn't help me to stop.  I am reading that book, Shrink Yourself, right now and I can relate to it.  Maybe we could read it together and talk about how we could get better.  I don't know what else to do????
I have a problem that others may have and can help me with, eating from nervousness, and feeling out of control.  Can anyone discuss this with me, or share something?