EATING DISORDERS
COMMUNITY
Pain in the throat
by Carin0209, Nov 18, 2012
I go to take a drink of water or other things and my throat closes...I can hear it trying to go down. It starts to become a sharp pain. Sometimes I have to throw up or it will release and go down. Happening more frequently. Hurts from chest through to my back and up into my neck sometimes when this happens.
Member Comments (1)
Avatar_dr_f_tn
by Arti Sharma, M.D.Blank, Nov 20, 2012
Hi there,
Without complete evaluation it may be difficult to determine the exact cause of your illness.Streptoccocal infection, infectious mononucleosis, flu, tonsillitis, common cold all can lead to throat pain. Other possibilities are gastro esophageal reflux disease, esophagitis, any lymph nodes, bone spurs pressing on the esophagus etc which can cause difficulty in swallowing and chest discomfort. You should consult a primary care physician. Based on your clinical examination findings you may be referred to an ENT specialist or gastroenterologist for further diagnosis and management. Do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Take care and regards!