Eating Disorders Community
Passing out
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Anorexia, Athletes, Binge Eating, Body Image, Bulimia, Causes of Eating Disorders, Dental Issues, Laxative Abuse, Male Eating Disorders, Media Images, Pregnancy, Support Groups, Teens

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Passing out

I feel like im going to pass out. Should I tell someone or could it be just from my Meds? Could this be caused by an eating disorder?
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hello,
A complete evaluation is must for detecting the exact cause of your symptoms. People with low blood pressure may have a feeling of dizziness, lightheadedness and feeling of passing out. Low blood pressure could be due to anemia, dehydration, drug induced etc. Anorexia and bulimia are both eating disorders that have been associated with a poor self-perception and body image. They can lead to depression and even suicidal tendencies.Depression, thyroid disorders, anxiety stress all can lead to such feelings.Hypoxia, vascular problems, Coarctation of aorta and hypoglycemia are few other causes of syncopal attacks. It is better to seek medical help at the earliest. I hope you find this information useful.
Best of luck and regards!
Blank
Thank you! This was helpful. If I do pass-out, is it really that big of a deal?
Blank
4656539_tn?1357641638
If you are feeling like you are going to pass out and have a eating disorder seek help. Your electrolytes could be low. Low electrolytes can cause heart attack. So yes...it is a big deal. I have had an ED for 15 years and have been down this road
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eating Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...