Eating Disorders Expert Forum
Please help

Questions in the Emotional Eating forum are answered by medical experts. Topics covered include eating disorders, anger and eating, anxiety and eating, binge eating, depression and eating, eating to "fit in", emotional eating, fill the void eating, guilt and eating, loneliness and eating, social eating, and stress and eating.

Please help

Okay hi! Let's Start at THe beginning where it all started. Sixth grade. Things were rough and I just stopped eating. I have had problems with anorexia ever since. But months ago I stupidly told the school counselor and I almost went to an eating disorder filcitily. But I knoticed how selfish That was of me and started eating and picked up my exercises. Anyways there are times where I don't eat the times I can't stop eating. I don't know what's going on. I feel fat and disgusting
Anorexia is a complex disorder.  Having had a personal experience beginning at age 12 and having professionally treating anorexics for over 30 years, I know it does not just go away.  Individuals often get more and more entrenched in the disorder.  The sooner you face and address your underlying issues and eating behaviors, the better chance you have of getting on with your life and not having this disorder rob you of your current and future life.  My hope for you is that you go back to your school counselor and elicit your parent’s support to seek out the kind of treatment you currently need.  To learn more about eating disorders and different levels of care you could visit the bella vita website.  Kindly, Patricia Pitts, PhD  The Bella Vita  Los Angeles, CA