Raw Food Lifestyle
I have been eating a strictly raw food diet since I got out of the hospital in September... and it is AMAZING! I am still not allowed to lose any weight and my goal is to get healthier and stronger so that I can exercise and be in great shape!

I am looking for "friends" here to share information on the Raw Foodist lifestyle... has anybody recovered from an eating disorder using this eating lifestyle? I just wanted to know and I'm happy to share what I know about it!

Thanks!
what is this diet?
I read a great book about it called, The Raw Food Detox Diet by Natalia Rose... she is a nutritionist. Anyways everything is about detoxing your whole body from waste products... cleaning out your cells and your whole system. Your main foods should really be fruit, vegetables, grains and nuts... and raw. It's really good for me because I can't even force myself to eat all the meat and bread and all the cooked foods anyway! So on this diet you eat fruit or drink fresh 100% juice most of the day.  I haven't been able to gain any weight on this diet. It's really healthy and it gives you tons of energy but you really have to eat a lot - and NOT purge if you want it to work. I really want to be healthy now and I do NOT want to spend the rest of my life in the hospital with a tube up my nose and down my throat so I am taking it very seriously.

If you want to ask me anything I am happy to help  :-)

Good luck!!!

Hi, I am an anorexic myself and ive been in and out of the hospital quite often. I have been doing a lot of research on the raw food lifestyle, and Im very intrigued by it. I tend to swell when i eat and that as you might know scares me extremely. I would like to know if you had any kind of swelling or weight gain since you started this lifestyle. Thank you! I appreciate it.
The "raw food diet" is an old approach to eating that became popular again in the last decade. It's a perfectly reasonable way to eat, if you're very attentive to your nutrition.

I hope the book(s) you've read included information on the planning necessary to get a good supply of protein, as well as micronutrients such as vitamin B12, calcium, iron, etc. A little planning and checking the nutritional content of your meals by using tools on websites like NutritionData.com can make it easy to enjoy a raw food diet.

As for AN recovery, you'll have to work with your treatment team on that. Some treatment teams can be very resistant to any non-mainstream dietary style; others are more flexible. But I hope you'll keep them informed, and work with them on what sounds like a positive way to relate to food.