Eating Disorders Community
Recovering anorexic being called fat

This forum is for questions and support regarding Anorexia, Athletes, Binge Eating, Body Image, Bulimia, Causes of Eating Disorders, Dental Issues, Laxative Abuse, Male Eating Disorders, Media Images, Pregnancy, Support Groups, Teens

Recovering anorexic being called fat

Dear B-eat
I just don't know what to do right now :(I've been doing really well trying to recover but people have now started to notice I have put on a lot of weight.I am now 19, at 9st and 5ft 5, the lowest weight people saw me at was 6st 7 (it all started when i was 12 so my weights fluctuated quite a lot)
All of my family dont even know that i am anorexic and they thought that i was naturally that weight. so now theyve seen me put on weight (this is the heaviest ive ever been) they keep mentioning that ive put on loads of weight and that i should start eating more healthier and watching my weight. my nanna was also really shocked when she found out my weight and compared it to her weight. she said that she weighed that much when she was 55 and that im only 19. 
so its just made me start worrying again, i already felt really fat but was trying to ignore it and just recover but now other people think the same :( i can feel myself going into a relapse but i just cant stop it :( why should i try and recover when me and everyone else is a lot happier about the way i look when i weighed less than this.i even tried to make myself sick again which i only usually do when im at my worst. 
i just feel like giving up right now and just going back to my old ways :( i cant even think of any excuses why i shouldnt go back to ana :(
i dont really know what the question is, i just think i need some advice and support
thanks
Hi!
If you are 5feet 5 inches, 9 stone is a good weight to give you proper body shape. A weight of six stone was probably ok when you were 12 yrs old. Your present weight will give you the right curves and breast size for your age. Since you are gaining weight, and recovering from anorexia (KUDOS FOR THAT!), you will have to remain strong enough in face of comments. It is natural for others to compare. Also, join a good physical trainer so that your body gets toned at the right places. This will also add to your confidence and looks. Be careful about what you eat: Include lots of fruits and veggies, lean meat and soups without cream in your diet. Eat carbohydrates in moderation and keep fats on lower side. With these steps you will do great. Have confidence in yourself and project it. Take care!
You are not fat! You are doing so well,im sure if you were open to family they would be pleased at the fact you are ni longer harming your body.They just took it you were really tiny.Other people may notice a little but so what? I bet by now it's yesterdays news in there heads! You feel alot bigger than you really are,this feeling will pass and you will ajust to this heathier,normal size.I wouldn't personally say get a personal trainer and get toned,mabey in the future.if you want.That's not important just now,you prob know more than alot about exercise,so go easy right now,just gentle day to day exercise.walking etc.You don't need to be toned in the right places just now,relax.Your bodys been through alot,not least you mind and you are looking gorgeous on the inside and out.You have got confidence in yourself because you have come this far.Well done!