Eating Disorders Expert Forum
Scared

Questions in the Emotional Eating forum are answered by medical experts. Topics covered include eating disorders, anger and eating, anxiety and eating, binge eating, depression and eating, eating to "fit in", emotional eating, fill the void eating, guilt and eating, loneliness and eating, social eating, and stress and eating.

Scared

About a year ago I found myself sat there not eating for days , wen I did I was straight to the toilet because I didn't want the food to digest I wanted it out of me . I was very depressed on anti depressants found myself never thinking good things always bad, I then met my partner who I'm now engaged to, and the past month I've gone from 8 stone to 6 and a half, I won't eat for a couple of days at a time. And when I do I find myself sitting there again getting that urge to get it out of me my partner keeps saying I need to put weight on but when I look at myself in the mirror I don't like what I see. I know I'm making myself bad I sometimes have to sit on the bathroom floor in the mornings because I feel as though I'm going to faint , I'm smoking more to suppress my hunger I don't want to end up like before but I don't know how to tell him .
You and your partner have good reason to be concerned. The symptoms you are describing (not eating for days, “getting food out”, lack of energy, weight loss, light headedness) are VERY concerning. It sounds like your partner loves you very much and wants to support you. You recent engagement is evidence of his commitment to you. Perhaps filling him in may give you access to a whole other level of support. If this seems impossible at this time, you also have the option of receiving professional support first. This may help give you the strength to inform your partner. It sounds like your health is declining.  You need to seek professional help.  Sometimes the consequences can be fatal. My first recommendation is to see a physician as soon as possible. The physician may be able to refer you to a therapist or treatment centers that can give you the support you need. Please take care of yourself. To find more information about eating disorders and treatment options please visit the bella vita website. Warmest Regards, Dr. Patricia Pitts, PhD The Bella Vita Los Angeles, CA
Immediately contact with your personal doctor before your problem turns to serious condition. You can take regular physical exercise as it is the possible easy solution to get rid of your problem.