Scared of anorexia relapse
I've recently begun eating again after anorexia, about a year ago. Now I've binged far too many days and need to lose weight. I've already lost 5 pounds and have a generally healthy plan. My goal weight is 105 pounds (I'm 5"4 female) so its only a little underweight. Now I'm having trouble keeping up my calorie intake. I'm afraid I will relapse, any suggestions/ similar expierences? Thanks in advance! <3
Hi!
Yes, it is very common to binge eat and relapse if you have an eating disorder. However, not all go down that path. The trick is to eat judiciously and exercise. It helps chalk out a plan for both diet and exercise. You need not count calories, but you need to incorporate healthy food items and healthy portions into your diet regimen. You could eat five to six small well planned meals during the day inclusive of soups, salads, fruits and vegetables. Munch healthy snacks. This way you will avoid high calorie intake. If you still have problems, you could keep a food log. At he end of the day write in what all you ate. This way you can assess whether you are over or under eating. Also, please consult a psychologist specializing in eating disorders. Take care!