Eating Disorders Community
Scared of anorexia relapse
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Anorexia, Athletes, Binge Eating, Body Image, Bulimia, Causes of Eating Disorders, Dental Issues, Laxative Abuse, Male Eating Disorders, Media Images, Pregnancy, Support Groups, Teens

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Scared of anorexia relapse

I've recently begun eating again after anorexia, about a year ago. Now I've binged far too many days and need to lose weight. I've already lost 5 pounds and have a generally healthy plan. My goal weight is 105 pounds (I'm 5"4 female) so its only a little underweight. Now I'm having trouble keeping up my calorie intake. I'm afraid I will relapse, any suggestions/ similar expierences? Thanks in advance! <3
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
Yes, it is very common to binge eat and relapse if you have an eating disorder. However, not all go down that path. The trick is to eat judiciously and exercise. It helps chalk out a plan for both diet and exercise. You need not count calories, but you need to incorporate healthy food items and healthy portions into your diet regimen. You could eat five to six small well planned meals during the day inclusive of soups, salads, fruits and vegetables. Munch healthy snacks. This way you will avoid high calorie intake. If you still have problems, you could keep a food log. At he end of the day write in what all you ate. This way you can assess whether you are over or under eating. Also, please consult a psychologist specializing in eating disorders. Take care!

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eating Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...