Was it anorexia?
So in sixth grade I went to a new school with new people. At lunch I didn't know anybody, so this group of AMAZING people invited me to sit with them. I continued sitting with them the whole year. In about a week of eating in front of them, I begun chewing my food slower, and picking at it more. I wanted to avoid eating in front of them because it was embarrassing to me. Then in a month I quit eating. I would bring my lunch and give it to them. Then one day a boy asked me if I was anorexic. I didn't know what that meant, so I said no. I looked it up when I got home that day and kinda laughed, because I understood why he thought that. And then, after about 2 weeks, I noticed I didn't want to eat at home either. I think reading the symptoms on the Internet triggered something... But now I'm in 8th grade and know for a fact I have anorexia. My question is: was it anorexia in the beginning, or me just being weird?
It sounds like you might've had early stages of annorexia back then, seeing as you didn't eat and you lost a noticable amount of weight.
I think it was signs of anorexia. Did you do this because you thought you were overweight? Or did you do it only because you felt uncomfortable eating in front of the other people?
I did it only because I felt uncomfortable, but I did have body image issues. I never really thought about dieting in the beginning