Ways to cope with body image/anorexia?
I am 20 years old, 5'11 1/2 and I believe I've been suffering from anorexia on and off since I was 18. I just can't seem to be confident with my body, and the fact that I don't weigh 100 pounds. People have always said how thin I am, and I've never been called fat, or even overweight for my height range, but because I am so tall, I think part of my problem is I compare myself to other girls half my height who naturally have that 100 pound frame. I weigh around 138, the last time I weighed myself. I just want to find ways that I can cope with being happy with how I look, and perhaps even from other tall girls who feel the pressure to be at a certain weight since people automatically will notice us in a room because of our height. I either over exercise, don't eat anything except yogurt all day, or I realize I'm being silly and eat something like a sandwich that I then feel guilty about eating so Im stuck in this never ending cycle of self hatred for my body, and I want to finally feel 100% confident in my body.
Hi!
I can understand your concerns. How we look is a combination of our body structure, what we wear and how we present ourselves. You could work on the latter two aspects of your look to start with. Regarding how your body looks, it may just be in your mind and you could actually be having a great body. To get the perfect shape and tone, it is best to join a gym and work on well planned exercises for toning up the body.
You need not count calories, but you need to incorporate healthy food items and healthy portions into your diet regimen. You could eat five to six small well planned meals during the day inclusive of soups, salads, fruits and vegetables. Munch healthy snacks. This way you will avoid high calorie intake. If you still have problems, you could keep a food log. At the end of the day write in what all you ate. This way you can assess whether you are over or under eating. Also, please consult a psychologist specializing in eating disorders. Take care!