Eating Disorders Community
Weight Problems

This forum is for questions and support regarding Anorexia, Athletes, Binge Eating, Body Image, Bulimia, Causes of Eating Disorders, Dental Issues, Laxative Abuse, Male Eating Disorders, Media Images, Pregnancy, Support Groups, Teens

Weight Problems

I'm 20 years old and 5"4.5 i think I'm 90lbs so I am definitely out of weight, i cant eat breakfast makes me upset. I eat a lot but i can't seem to hold on to my weight.. i'm suppose to weigh between 114 to 125 please help me gain weight.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
You are definitely underweight. For weight gain and weight loss diet and exercise play an integral role. For gaining weight you should start eating the right type of fooid.Eat food rich in minerals, vitamins and all other essential nutrients. Exercise daily. Consult a nutritionist and get your diet chart made. Stay away from fattening junk food. Try gaining weight in a healthy way. Inability to gain weight can be due to eating disorders, thyrotoxicosis,any infection, worm infestation, chronic diarrhea, cancer  etc.All these conditions will have associated symptoms. You need to seek medical help and get a general examination done. In case of any abnormal symptoms the above mentioned causes need to be ruled out. Do keep us posted.
Best of luck and regards!
thank you I will let you know how it goes. as to seeking medical help i'm not sure how that will play off, I just came to america don't have a medical plan or whatever you guys call it.I have been trying to eat breakfast, but being healthy by eating the right foods and trying to gain weight at the same time can be frustrating especially with the hours i have school for.