Eating Disorders Community
What happens if you try to stop C&S?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Anorexia, Athletes, Binge Eating, Body Image, Bulimia, Causes of Eating Disorders, Dental Issues, Laxative Abuse, Male Eating Disorders, Media Images, Pregnancy, Support Groups, Teens

What happens if you try to stop C&S?

Hey well a few months ago i started to develop a habit of C&Sing. At first I thought it was good, enjoying my food, and at the same time not gaining. Then I got caught, . but i just kept doing it. The reason why I started was to go back to my original weight a year ago, but i haven't been able to do it. A day ago i started googling, it really helped. Just had an epiphany and I really wanted to stop. But once I ate a little bit of cereal, eating the whole thing..I gained a kilo..what's happening? Is it because i've done C&S for a few months, my body's gone weird? My metabolism's stuffed up? If so what can i do to stop without gaining weight? I can't go do doctors because i'm only 17 and I have a really big formal/prom thing in two months. Please help!
You're metabolism has probably just slowed because you've been depriving your body. Like any eating disorder, once you start eating normally again, your body will store what it gets, just in case it won't get food again. The trick is to eat small but frequently, stay active, and your metabolism will go back to normal.
Chewing and spitting contributes to water retention as well, so that will add to the weight gain you're eating. Don't quote me on this part because I don't know for sure, but I've read that chewing and spitting too often can cause unhealthy insulin levels, which is another hormone that slows weight loss. Like I said, I don't know that part for sure, but c&s isn't healthy regardless.
Your best action plan before your big night would be to get on your feet and get moving! Eat small, whole food snacks and keep hydrated. Don't expect a miracle overnight. Keep at it and you will be fit and gorgeous in time for the formal!
Sorry! Typo!

I meant to say "That will contribute to the weight gain you're seeing."