Eating Disorders Community
anerexia to emotional overeater

This forum is for questions and support regarding Anorexia, Athletes, Binge Eating, Body Image, Bulimia, Causes of Eating Disorders, Dental Issues, Laxative Abuse, Male Eating Disorders, Media Images, Pregnancy, Support Groups, Teens

anerexia to emotional overeater

I an recently seperated and left holding 1500. Bills a month on 700 dollar income...I am now eating myself to craziness and unhappiness. Pls share ways to rethink and take control. My husband is actually seeing someone else and u feel so ugly fat and hideous. Help!!!
Tags: Divorce
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
It is seen in few people that they overeat to combat stress. Eating a lot and satisfying their food cravings gives them satisfaction. Do incorporate healthy food habits and avoid overeating. Include green leafy vegetables, fruits, soups and salads which will help in preventing weight gain. Exercise daily or go for a brisk walk daily for 20-30 minutes. I will advise you to consult a psychologist or a counsellor.If you become obese it may be more depressing and will take a long time for you to lose weight. Do write to me again.
Best of luck and regards!