Eating Disorders Community
been to rehab 4 times trying to gain weight on my own

This forum is for questions and support regarding Anorexia, Athletes, Binge Eating, Body Image, Bulimia, Causes of Eating Disorders, Dental Issues, Laxative Abuse, Male Eating Disorders, Media Images, Pregnancy, Support Groups, Teens

I am having such a difficult time eating when I wake up and in the day time. I eat at night like a box and half to two of cereal and have frozen yogurt. I cant eat with people, overindulge in water drinking and start to eat when I am starving. I have been dealing with this disease for like 7 years and want it to go away. I cant seem to eat in the morning or day. I work with a nutritionist and even she has a goal for me to eat at 12-1 a yogurt and still I cant seem to do it. I want to stop eating only at night, alone and binging. I feel ready to explode and I cant take it. I have so much anxiety and have trouble deciding if i should eat junk or healthy food because I always think that healthy food Is for maintaing weight, so I struggle with that too. I also have a problem where if i dont go for a walk each morning, my day will be ruined and I am not burning calories and only gaining pure flab!! I dont have energy to walk yet it I force myself and then after I am so exhausted. I refuse to go to a rehab center and I have a therapist and nutritionist. My life is horrible and only focused on food, what others have, and gaining weight!! what doo I do??
Hi!
It is quite evident that you have an eating disorder. However, it is also possible that you have additional problems like anemia, hypothyroidism and diabetes that is making you gain weight. So, it is important to rule these out.
For treating an eating disorder, join support groups to keep yourself motivated. Take up yoga for that will help you. Join any good center in your area. Apart from this, you need proper diagnosis and treatment without which success is not possible. The treatment involves various types of behavior therapies, nutritional guidance, medications to control hunger, food satiety, and exercise and yoga. Please consult a good psychologist/psychiatrist who specializes in eating disorders. Also, if your therapist feels that joining a rehab center will help you then you should go for this. Talk to people in the support group you join and you are likely to come across people who have been successfully treated. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.