Eating Disorders Expert Forum
binging

Questions in the Emotional Eating forum are answered by medical experts. Topics covered include eating disorders, anger and eating, anxiety and eating, binge eating, depression and eating, eating to "fit in", emotional eating, fill the void eating, guilt and eating, loneliness and eating, social eating, and stress and eating.

binging

Hello, I'm 5"2 and weigh 130. I know I'm not obese or to much over weight but I feel like I'm addicted to food.  I want to eat all the time. I will be so full It hurts and I just want pick up something else to eat and I fee like I have no control or will power over it.  No matter what I am doing I think about what my next meal  or what I'm going to eat. My real down fall is sweats I have always loved junk food and always craved it.  I try not to keep them in the house but I always seem to find my way to them.  Over the past couple months I've gained about 6 pounds and I feel like the binging is worse then its been in a while. I just don't know what's goin on with me and how I can control my food and not let the food control me!
Your struggle with food is real.  You are not alone.  Try to pay attention to if you were not going to binge, what are you really feeling.  Emotions could be a strong culprit behind your bingeing.  Since there is a sense of being out of control, you may need help.  Overeaters anonymous locations can be found online.  You could seek out an evaluation by a qualified eating disorder therapist.  You do not have to do this alone.  You could check out the bella vita website to learn more.  Best wishes, Patricia Pitts, PhD  The Bella Vita  Los Angeles, CA