Eating Disorders Community
bulimia and black stool and black vomit
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Anorexia, Athletes, Binge Eating, Body Image, Bulimia, Causes of Eating Disorders, Dental Issues, Laxative Abuse, Male Eating Disorders, Media Images, Pregnancy, Support Groups, Teens

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

bulimia and black stool and black vomit

I posted this in another forum but this might be the best one.  Ok so this is sort of complicated.  First of all, I am 28 and have been sort of bulimic since I was 13 or 14.  But not consistently (is there such thing as intermittent bulimia?) and had stopped for quite a while.  Also, I have depression and a lot of anxiety.  I was drinking a LOT for a while and stopped that, when I began dieting this time, because alcohol is fattening.  I had started having black stool and vomit I thought from drinking too much. I saw my doc and was prescribed some medication and eventually it felt better, she said I may have had an ulcer.  But the black stool and vomit are back, but I haven't been drinking.  Can this be caused by throwing up?  I don't do it very often.  And also, I don't binge.  So I guess it isn't really bulimia since I don't ever binge.  

I just started a new anti-depressant (Viibryd) and it isn't working.  I feel the same.  Actually I guess I feel a little better but all I can think about is jumping off a bridge or in front of a train.  I am at a total loss about what to do.  I am already in therapy but I can't tell her about the throwing up.  Or about the thoughts of jumping off something.

So I guess my question is, what now?