Eating Disorders Expert Forum
cannot eat

Questions in the Emotional Eating forum are answered by medical experts. Topics covered include eating disorders, anger and eating, anxiety and eating, binge eating, depression and eating, eating to "fit in", emotional eating, fill the void eating, guilt and eating, loneliness and eating, social eating, and stress and eating.

cannot eat

Im 16 and i think I'm a little depressed and I can't get myself to eat. I don't eat breakfast and rarely eat lunch and dinner.I weigh 44kgs but now I look really skinny and dried up. What can I do?
Something definitely seems to be bothering you. What kind of resources do you have around you? Can you turn to your parents? Older siblings?  School counselors? Doctors? It’s really important that you reach out for support. The lack of eating could be a result of the depression but it could also be a result of other things (medical issues, eating disorder, etc). It would be important to involve your parents as you may need their emotional and/or financial support to get to the bottom of this. Please use the support you have available to you. Warmest Regards, Dr. Patricia Pitts, PhD The Bella Vita Los Angeles, CA
I feel hungry all time! Losing wight is a great sign. At least I think so as I am suffering from extra weight.You can take vitamins to increase to taste of your mouth and to feel hungry. You can eat any of your favorite food just like snacks, milk shakes or any yammy foods. These will help you to gain weight.