Eating Disorders Expert Forum
constipation

Questions in the Emotional Eating forum are answered by medical experts. Topics covered include eating disorders, anger and eating, anxiety and eating, binge eating, depression and eating, eating to "fit in", emotional eating, fill the void eating, guilt and eating, loneliness and eating, social eating, and stress and eating.

constipation

mam, i am a student but from the very begg. am sufferin from a disorder of mouth ulcers (nearly of age 7) until i realised that all that happens due to digedtion problems as i mostly have constipatence.
with time doctor gave me a medicine (sodium picodulphate0 which i usually take whenever i feel the problem.
but it leads to dependancy over that medicine. is there any other way to cure it.
as m just 19 year old and easily gets accidity if i eat anythin (fast food) outside.
even a little change in eating shedule leads to accidity and ultimately constipation and hence have to use sod. picosulphate.  i even feel stiffness in lower abdomen durin such incidents. is it normal
Hello.  I am so glad you wrote. Unfortunately, this question is not in my scope of practice. I would refer you to speak with a physician who specializes in gastroenterology as this is their field of expertise. I might also advise you to seek the help of a nutritionist, as they would be able to guide you to options regarding what foods you might be able to eat. Best, Dr Patricia Pitts, PhD The Bella Vita Los Angeles, CA